More Winter Clubs in Surrey ??

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
AGM's are held

At CCB's last year AGM they did not allow current members a vote and BC Soccer saw nothing wrong with this.
Only parents who were registered for the following year were allowed to vote. Which IMHO is wrong at so many levels and against the Society Act.

I believe BC Tigers/CCB members were not able to vote. Is this the same group of people trying to take over PUFC?

It's not BCSA's job to enforce the Society Act. But with the club charter coming in, that does have rules that are in-line with the Society Act, BCSA can enforce the club charter.

That said, based on BCSA's stance re: TSS, they want all of their clubs to be NFP's in compliance with the Society Act.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
This is Richmond. It's in their constitution.

Doesn't mean it's compliant with the Society Act. My NFP had an error in the constitution that was non-compliant with the Society Act. We talked to the SA when we realized it, and updated the constitution accordingly at the next AGM.

We are volunteers from the community just like soccer board members here in BC. Don't assume all the board members have any idea how the Society Act works, is my point. After 4 years I am just getting a grasp on the SA now, and it's changing again!

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
Doesn't mean it's compliant with the Society Act. My NFP had an error in the constitution that was non-compliant with the Society Act. We talked to the SA when we realized it, and updated the constitution accordingly at the next AGM.

We are volunteers from the community just like soccer board members here in BC. Don't assume all the board members have any idea how the Society Act works, is my point. After 4 years I am just getting a grasp on the SA now, and it's changing again!
I know for sure that it's not up to BCSA to oversee whether clubs are following the SA. They're mostly volunteers as well. I've read through it but will now do so more thoroughly. Not really fun reading.
I also know that many community club board members, while well-intentioned, don't take the time to understand issues such as this.
Thanks for the info, sorry to veer so far off the thread!

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
There,s nothing on the BC Tigers or PUFC website confirming a take over by the BC Tigers and the word is the take over didn,t succeed.
PUFC have many technical guys/good coach,s who want to develop players and eventually their approach will help them to run their own club successfully
Back to Newton/Surrey !

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Hopefully ppl who were getting all the inside info last year during the issues with CCB can provide more information in regards with the current issues. Apparently there was some on field screaming and yelling between the two groups on Monday at NAP. It's sad as kids suffer through this.
Back to Newton/Surrey ! Many people in Newton witnessed the shouting /screaming at NAP 1 on Mon evening by apparently BCT Tigers /PUFC guys !

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
I know for sure that it's not up to BCSA to oversee whether clubs are following the SA. They're mostly volunteers as well. I've read through it but will now do so more thoroughly. Not really fun reading.
I also know that many community club board members, while well-intentioned, don't take the time to understand issues such as this.

LOL ya I guess we have managed to veer off topic. Anyway, I don't think people should be so harsh on boards for not being in compliance with the Society Act - but if they aren't compliant, and are made aware of that, and then don't make the changes....run fast, run very fast away.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
One parent/player seems fair to me. But what if a parent has 4-5 kids in the club. Does that family get 4-5 votes?

It's on the AGM minutes that a motion was made but no remark about if it was passed or not? That seems very odd (note: it would have to be noted in the minutes if it was passed (and I believe who actually made the motion and 2nd etc) as per Society Act because this is a change in constitution).

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
I noticed on the Richmond FC website that there was a motion at the 2015 AGM to amend the voting class to include 1 parent per player. Was this passed or defeated?
Defeated. It needs something like 75% to pass and the numbers weren't there. It's been re-submitted for this year.

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
One parent/player seems fair to me. But what if a parent has 4-5 kids in the club. Does that family get 4-5 votes?

It's on the AGM minutes that a motion was made but no remark about if it was passed or not? That seems very odd (note: it would have to be noted in the minutes if it was passed (and I believe who actually made the motion and 2nd etc) as per Society Act because this is a change in constitution).
One vote per family.
The 2015 AGM minutes aren't posted. Those are from 2014. The results are listed in an AGM summary that was posted (and archived in News tab). I'm sure it will show up in the 2015 minutes when they're eventually posted. As I said, it's been re-submitted for 2016 AGM.
RESULTS OF THE SPECIAL RESOLUTION (Amendment to the Membership Classification of Richmond FC – CLICK HERE)

There were 55 ballots cast. There were 22 “yes” votes and 33 “no” votes, for 40% in favour. Richmond FC Constitution and Bylaws state the 75% or more in favour is required for a Special Resolution to pass. The Special Resolution was not passed.

CanadianSpur

Feb 11, 2016
I find it shocking that the parents paying the fees are not considered members of Richmond FC under its constitution. Frankly I wouldn't stand for that but I'm sure most parents are unaware or don't really care. I no the turnout at our AGMs have been very low. Only when there is a controversy or significant issue does attendance rise.

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
I find it shocking that the parents paying the fees are not considered members of Richmond FC under its constitution. Frankly I wouldn't stand for that but I'm sure most parents are unaware or don't really care. I no the turnout at our AGMs have been very low. Only when there is a controversy or significant issue does attendance rise.
Exactly.

FB1

Feb 6, 2016

BCSA is responsible for their members' compliance with the Society Act, as well as fiscal compliance. BCSA's members are Youth Districts and Senior Leagues. The Youth Districts are subsequently responsible for ensuring their members (youth clubs) are also compliant. The BCSA Constitution does require all districts and clubs to be compliant.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Unfortunately there are many groups out there in Surrey who think they are better than the current clubs.How they measure that i don't know, just look through the age groups you will find same team name and same people involved through multiple years . These groups brainwash parents, hold player back from moving up , don't buy into the pathway, and for some its more about winning summer tournaments than anything else. these groups also move players up and down through their teams, always ' forget there cards, or rosters etc...

That said it could just be people fed up with all the crap, that is what started PUFC

New Winter Clubs in Surrey !!!!!!!!

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
BCSA is responsible for their members' compliance with the Society Act, as well as fiscal compliance. BCSA's members are Youth Districts and Senior Leagues. The Youth Districts are subsequently responsible for ensuring their members (youth clubs) are also compliant. The BCSA Constitution does require all districts and clubs to be compliant.

Yes, but that means if a club isn't then BCSA simply (probably not simple actually) can cancel their membership. BCSA doesn't enforce the Society Act. If someone needs help getting into compliance BCSA may agree to help them get compliant because it's in BCSA's best interests to do so (I am guessing).

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Did some one say something about new winter clubs in Surrey?

I may have missed it.

Back