More Winter Clubs in Surrey ??

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
In the ussa/ussl they put a limit on the number of teams a club could have. This is why more popped up. Rest assured these clubs still register the players but make a deal with other clubs to wear their uniform.

Initially pufc was supposed to be girls only. The boys side was added in a rush after the ccb fiasco.

I agree 2 more clubs is nonsense and probably a ploy to kerp some sort of power in surrey after the merging of districts was propsed. At least 2 more seats at the district table.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
On the notice of Pacific United special general meeting, they are proposing to change their name to BC Tigers, can the crap in Newton get any worse, this would be a summer club attempting to be sanctioned , no wonder there are rumours of two new clubs next winter, etc..
FEBRUARY 1, 2016
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE PACIFIC UNITED FOOTBALL

CLUB OF THE SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERS TO BE HELD AS FOLLOWS:

DATE: FEBRUARY 15, 2016
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Unit # 202-12677 80 Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, V3W 2T3

The following are the special resolutions for consideration at the February 15,
2016 Special General Meeting of the Members of the Society:

(a) RESOLVED as a Special Resolution, that the name of the Pacific United
Football Club be changed to BC Tigers Football Club;

(b) RESOLVED as a Special Resolution, that the Constitution and Bylaws of
the Pacific United Football Club be amended by the deletion of the Constitution
and the Bylaws in their entirety and the substitution in their place and stead the
Constitution and Bylaws as set out in the attached Schedule A.
Resolutions (a) and (b) must be passed by a 75% majority of votes cast.
This Notice is given by Publication according to Article 5 of the Bylaws.
SECRETARY
PUFC

The above resolution must have gone successfully and BC Tigers are prob a winter club now .
They spent less than 5 months at Surrey Youth and most likely will withdraw those teams from Surrey Youth and move them into the BC TIGERS !

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
The above resolution must have gone successfully and BC Tigers are prob a winter club now - can anyone confirm ?
After the BC Tigers split in half and left CCB , they moved most of their teams to Surrey Youth and most likely will withdraw those teams from Surrey Youth and move them into the BC TIGERS ! They were at Surrey Youth for less than 5 months !!
After the BC Tigers split in half and left CCB , they moved most of their teams to Surrey Youth and most likely will withdraw those teams from Surrey Youth and move them into the BC TIGERS ! They were at Surrey Youth for less than 5 months !

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Its getting worse in Surrey now - new clubs being created , player poaching , referees not submitting reports etc, clubs splitting apart etc. The split in the biggest club BC Tigers caused all this merry go round - Van Utd merged into BC Tigers a few yrs ago & 2 yrs ago left BC tigers to set up their own club again.
PUFC split away and formed their own club just over a year ago and now they are merging into the BC tigers again or being taken over. The soccer community in Newton cannot get on with each other for long - if they don,t agree with minor things they will just go and set up a new club whether they know how to run a club or not and amongst all these problems/movements the young players development suffers .

BC Tigers the summer club have very few top level technical coach,s , most of the coach,s are parent volunteers while others are mostly committee member types. They have not posted any fall registration info/forms and no Evaluation dates etc.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Evals are being done under the pufc name. I was on a walk through nap last night and they had tents up, etc. Their numbers were a bit low though.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Evals are being done under the pufc name. I was on a walk through nap last night and they had tents up, etc. Their numbers were a bit low though.

But they already had a Special General Meeting where the club was supposed to have been taken over by BC Tigers.
There is nothing on the PUFC site about Evaluations and nothing about the Special Meeting about a resolution for BC Tigers to take over. There is nothing on the BC Tigers website about fall registration or Evaluations .
With no fall info , numbers will be low for Evaluations and even the SFC Evaluations for U11 & U12 had very low turnout as well.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Odd. But they were there. Maybe closed eval? I know my son was just shooting around and they offered him to come over. Lol.

socceroo

Sep 21, 2015
I just think
SoccerMom, The Soccer community in Newton/Surrey should realize the harm thats being done to the innocent young players .
Its getting worse in Surrey now - new clubs being created , player poaching , referees not submitting reports etc, clubs splitting apart etc. The split in the biggest club BC Tigers caused all this merry go round - Van Utd merged into BC Tigers a few yrs ago & 2 yrs ago left BC tigers to set up their own club again.
PUFC split away and formed their own club just over a year ago and now they are merging into the BC tigers again or being taken over. The soccer community in Newton cannot get on with each other for long - if they don,t agree with minor things they will just go and set up a new club whether they know how to run a club or not and amongst all these problems/movements the young players development suffers .

I just think the above is good for the kids. This allows more effort to put kids in soccer.

The kids are playing soccer. I am sure the numbers are up in Surrey for players in the region.

As for parents who are caught in the above head ache. They have options - GAC, SU, CFC, DCS, ND, .......

An ambitious player or parent is not married to Newton. I see players from Newton at Fraser Valley.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
I just think

I just think the above is good for the kids. This allows more effort to put kids in soccer.

The kids are playing soccer. I am sure the numbers are up in Surrey for players in the region.

As for parents who are caught in the above head ache. They have options - GAC, SU, CFC, DCS, ND, .......

An ambitious player or parent is not married to Newton. I see players from Newton at Fraser Valley.

If they have a car they can get to loads of different clubs, certainly.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
But they already had a Special General Meeting where the club was supposed to have been taken over by BC Tigers.
There is nothing on the PUFC site about Evaluations and nothing about the Special Meeting about a resolution for BC Tigers to take over. There is nothing on the BC Tigers website about fall registration or Evaluations .
With no fall info , numbers will be low for Evaluations and even the SFC Evaluations for U11 & U12 had very low turnout as well.
Odd. But they were there. Maybe closed eval? I know my son was just shooting around and they offered him to come over. Lol.

easoccer , thats poaching lol asking your son to come over - was it a SFC or BC TIGERS/PUFC tryout . These 2 clubs will put the young players in the same situation u mentioned in another post of separated parents fighting over their kids . SFC will want to keep them as they been there for nearly 5-6 months now and BC TIGERS or PUFC will be fighting to get them as well !

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
easoccer , thats poaching lol asking your son to come over - was it a SFC or BC TIGERS/PUFC tryout . These 2 clubs will put the young players in the same situation u mentioned in another post of separated parents fighting over their kids . SFC will want to keep them as they been there for nearly 5-6 months now and BC TIGERS or PUFC will be fighting to get them as well !

I wouldnt really call it poaching if your league season is over. But they only offered and moved on. He declined.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
I wouldnt really call it poaching if your league season is over. But they only offered and moved on. He declined.

Indeed poaching can only occur during the season (aka, while a child is registered to a club).

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
FYI Coastal registration season is Aug 1st to July 31st the following year.
Youth players are bound to their current team until the end of the playing season
Youth Players may register for a different team for a secondary season in the current registration season after April 1 provided they fulfilled their obligations to their current team.
Rule 6 Poaching:
Any team and or club which, through its responsible officers or representatives , attempts to induce registered player of a team under the jurisdiction of BC Soccer to leave the team before the completion of the team league , cup or provincial cup commitments, shall be deemed to have committed on offence.

Under this my understanding is any player registered to a summer team who;s winter team is still in cup or provincial play is an offence under BC Soccer, same for Any BCSPL players... while the USSA may allow it those players could face punishment under BC Soccer whatever that may be. Am I wrong in this interpretation?

WTF

Sep 3, 2015

It was meant as a joke due to the clubs fighting over players and walking around the NAP fields asking players to join their club or a newly formed club etc

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
They must be desperate to approach random kids playing kick around. I should have asked him if they offered candy as well.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
FYI Coastal registration season is Aug 1st to July 31st the following year.
Youth players are bound to their current team until the end of the playing season
Youth Players may register for a different team for a secondary season in the current registration season after April 1 provided they fulfilled their obligations to their current team.
Rule 6 Poaching:
Any team and or club which, through its responsible officers or representatives , attempts to induce registered player of a team under the jurisdiction of BC Soccer to leave the team before the completion of the team league , cup or provincial cup commitments, shall be deemed to have committed on offence.

Under this my understanding is any player registered to a summer team who;s winter team is still in cup or provincial play is an offence under BC Soccer, same for Any BCSPL players... while the USSA may allow it those players could face punishment under BC Soccer whatever that may be. Am I wrong in this interpretation?

Correct. Kids remain registered to a team/club so long as their team is competing in sanctioned competition (league, cup, district cup, coastal cup, provincials). They become free agents the second the ref blows the whistle on the final game (lol, probably at midnight that day but you know what I mean!).

Teams cannot be registered to two teams at once, but kids are free to play for school etc, so maybe USSA is a lot like TSS in this example - kids can play for Not-For-Profit FC and play at TSS if they want, you know?

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
They must be desperate to approach random kids playing kick around. I should have asked him if they offered candy as well.

If I was running tryouts (or training) and I saw a kid doing a kickaround on his own who appeared the same age I'd approach them to join in too. Good for them to try and include kids who appear "out of the system" or otherwise not involved! In fact, I have done this (once) and that kid went on to be a fantastic member of the team. Sometimes people don't know about opportunities so it's up to organizations to reach out.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015

Yeah , u should have asked if they offered candy , samosas , pizza & pop lol

Back