When do the seasons start?

Discussion in 'High School Soccer' started by Admin, Sep 10, 2015.

1. 4_the_kids

4_the_kids Active Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 3
    I say yes if your goal in University or more and you are 16+ then you need to start increasing your training, before then there is no proven benefit at all....That said those kids play in BCSPL , don't go to summer camps and are told to shut it down for the summer. .. during the season they train and or play up to 5 days a week... its enough .
    For example I know of at least 5 kids playing BCSPL who never been to a outside academy, camp or spring soccer, all played ball hockey or baseball in the spring, conversely i know of 9 kids who played on the same team until U12 who went to TSS, or Barcelona, went to summer camps played summer soccer none made BCSPL and only 6 made Metro...If anything these kids look burnt out, somewhat bored and need a break, injuries are starting to creep in for those kids as well.....

2. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 7
    Ya, like I said. "summer break, yes."

Every kid needs something different. More "training" isn't the answer (ie, more practices with a team per week), I know. But more time with the ball is.

For me, I had to train every day, all week (4-5 of those days were just in the yard) and only playing soccer. Other kids could achieve the same level of play with just 2 practices a week and playing other sports.

Breaks are good. Too many team practices isn't usually good nor the answer. Kids need to learn on their own "street."

3. 4_the_kids

4_the_kids Active Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 3
    Yes,yes,yes. Free play, play in the backyard or local school and park without coaches or parents. Just kids playing the game they love....what happened to that. Heck you barely see a game of street hockey anymore.

4. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 7
    Noise complaints, online/hand held gaming, townhouse complexes, parents being fearful.

5. LFC

LFC Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    More Football [soccer] Championships - 2016 BC Secondary Schools “AAA” Boys Soccer Championships @ Burnaby Lake Sports complex. Teams contain a mixture of players from BCSPL ,Metro , Div 1 , Div 2 & Div 4 .
    I was at the Fraser Valley Championships recently @ NAP and Charles Best looks very strong and should be favorites to win 1st place. https://goo.gl/myTXkA

Lots games to watch Thu ,Fri & Sat

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. LFC

LFC Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    Updated scores - BC Secondary Schools Soccer Commission

7. LFC

LFC Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    BC Secondary Schools Final Standings :
    Final Placings
    1st - Reynolds

2nd - Argyle

3rd - Oak Bay

4th - Sullivan Heights

5th - Dr. Charles Best

6th - LA Matheson

7th - St. Georges

8th - Panorama Ridge

9th - Fleetwood Park

10th - Robert A. McMath

11th - Tamanawis

12th - Killarney

13th - Burnaby North

14th - Rutland

15th - Mount Baker

16th - North Peace

Argyle from North Vancouver were by far the most talented team here but couldn't score in the Final and lost on penalties