When do the seasons start?

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
Summer break, yes. But those spring programs tend to all be done before school is over.

Rec players definitely need a break. Kids who want to play university can't really afford much time off.

I say yes if your goal in University or more and you are 16+ then you need to start increasing your training, before then there is no proven benefit at all....That said those kids play in BCSPL , don't go to summer camps and are told to shut it down for the summer. .. during the season they train and or play up to 5 days a week... its enough .
For example I know of at least 5 kids playing BCSPL who never been to a outside academy, camp or spring soccer, all played ball hockey or baseball in the spring, conversely i know of 9 kids who played on the same team until U12 who went to TSS, or Barcelona, went to summer camps played summer soccer none made BCSPL and only 6 made Metro...If anything these kids look burnt out, somewhat bored and need a break, injuries are starting to creep in for those kids as well.....

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Ya, like I said. "summer break, yes."

Every kid needs something different. More "training" isn't the answer (ie, more practices with a team per week), I know. But more time with the ball is.

For me, I had to train every day, all week (4-5 of those days were just in the yard) and only playing soccer. Other kids could achieve the same level of play with just 2 practices a week and playing other sports.

Breaks are good. Too many team practices isn't usually good nor the answer. Kids need to learn on their own "street."

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
Ya, like I said. "summer break, yes."

Every kid needs something different. More "training" isn't the answer (ie, more practices with a team per week), I know. But more time with the ball is.

For me, I had to train every day, all week (4-5 of those days were just in the yard) and only playing soccer. Other kids could achieve the same level of play with just 2 practices a week and playing other sports.

Breaks are good. Too many team practices isn't usually good nor the answer. Kids need to learn on their own "street."
Yes,yes,yes. Free play, play in the backyard or local school and park without coaches or parents. Just kids playing the game they love....what happened to that. Heck you barely see a game of street hockey anymore.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Yes,yes,yes. Free play, play in the backyard or local school and park without coaches or parents. Just kids playing the game they love....what happened to that. Heck you barely see a game of street hockey anymore.

Noise complaints, online/hand held gaming, townhouse complexes, parents being fearful.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
More Football [soccer] Championships - 2016 BC Secondary Schools “AAA” Boys Soccer Championships @ Burnaby Lake Sports complex. Teams contain a mixture of players from BCSPL ,Metro , Div 1 , Div 2 & Div 4 .
I was at the Fraser Valley Championships recently @ NAP and Charles Best looks very strong and should be favorites to win 1st place. https://goo.gl/myTXkA

Lots games to watch Thu ,Fri & Sat

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
More Football [soccer] Championships - 2016 BC Secondary Schools “AAA” Boys Soccer Championships @ Burnaby Lake Sports complex. Teams contain a mixture of players from BCSPL ,Metro , Div 1 , Div 2 & Div 4 .
I was at the Fraser Valley Championships recently @ NAP and Charles Best looks very strong and should be favorites to win 1st place. https://goo.gl/myTXkA

Lots games to watch Thu ,Fri & Sat
Updated scores - BC Secondary Schools Soccer Commission

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
BC Secondary Schools Final Standings :
Final Placings
1st - Reynolds

2nd - Argyle

3rd - Oak Bay

4th - Sullivan Heights

5th - Dr. Charles Best

6th - LA Matheson

7th - St. Georges

8th - Panorama Ridge

9th - Fleetwood Park

10th - Robert A. McMath

11th - Tamanawis

12th - Killarney

13th - Burnaby North

14th - Rutland

15th - Mount Baker

16th - North Peace

Argyle from North Vancouver were by far the most talented team here but couldn't score in the Final and lost on penalties

Back