DIST 5 LEAGE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES 2017 ??

hervb

Sep 15, 2015
standings seem to be not formatted correctly. Shootout results are not listed for any games that are tied. Wonder what gives.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Many teams have 2-3 make up games remaining to play and the Dist 5 Leage ends this weekend , with snow forecast again for Sun.
Clubs are trying their best with CCB arranging games all this week right upto Sun evening. How will standings be calculated when some teams have not managed to make up all their missed games ??

Last edited:

Soccer_dude

May 25, 2016
Consider this season a wash, hope for the best in coastal cup play & 'the road to Vernon' & put the energy & focus there.

If that's not an option, get a spring program going, try to add to your current team & hope for better weather next season!

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Many teams have 2-3 make up games remaining to play and the Dist 5 Leage ends this weekend , with snow forecast again for Sun.
Clubs are trying their best with CCB arranging games all this week right upto Sun evening. How will standings be calculated when some teams have not managed to make up all their missed games ??
Anyone with any info about above ??

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Coastal Cup spots to play for in Dist 5 with top 1 or 2 teams qualifying. In some groups the top 3 or 4 place teams have won their District Cup earning them an automatic Coastal Cup spot , which means one team finishing 3rd , 4th ,5th and possibly even 6th can sneak into the Coastal Cup. A lot at stake in this final weekend of play !

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Coastal Cup spots to play for in Dist 5 with top 1 or 2 teams qualifying. In some groups the top 3 or 4 place teams have won their District Cup earning them an automatic Coastal Cup spot , which means one team finishing 3rd , 4th ,5th and possibly even 6th can sneak into the Coastal Cup. A lot at stake in this final weekend of play !

If they won their District they did not "sneak" into Coastal Cup.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
If they won their District they did not "sneak" into Coastal Cup.

Read the post again before u come out with your .........

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Read the post again before u come out with your .........

They've qualified for the "A" group through their regular season performance. If the wildcard is given to the 3rd-4th-5th-6th in the "A" group they haven't snuck in. They've earned it via their performance in the regular season.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Why the bloody hell do u knit pick on almost every post. Us real passionate footy fans grew up with the game and there,s many terms used which real footy people understand.
"Sneak in " is not a negative or derogatory term in Football.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Why the bloody hell do u knit pick on almost every post. Us real passionate footy fans grew up with the game and there,s many terms used which real footy people understand.
"Sneak in " is not a negative or derogatory term in Football.

it is, actually. Google.

I do not "nitpick" (except for that quote). I point out your generalizations.

If you want to be a part of the solution then please do. We all need to chip in. If you are working with a club - or a league board - thank you!

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
"Sneak in" is a common sports term. It can be used in many circumstances and I wouldnt find it derogatory. Yes, some teams "made" the cut, but only barely, and entirely possible that if the weather was not a factor could have not made it. A perfectly fine scenario in which to use the term "sneak in".

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
"Sneak in" is a common sports term. It can be used in many circumstances and I wouldnt find it derogatory. Yes, some teams "made" the cut, but only barely, and entirely possible that if the weather was not a factor could have not made it. A perfectly fine scenario in which to use the term "sneak in".

I find it dismissive in the context.

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
I think that this season, mainly due to the weather and field closures, the results may not be what they would be in a "normal" season. Unusual results are occurring in other leagues/divisions as well....teams are in playoffs that might not be there had all scheduled games been played.

For the record, I don't think TKBC is a nitpicker. ;) The posts are usually quite informative, imo.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
League Championship finals
District 5 will be cancelling the league championship series on March 4/5 in order to allow more games within the groups to be played. Games can be made up on this weekend. The home club would host the game. Medals will be handed out to the top two teams in each group once all scores have been compiled.

Some scores still not updated in some of the Dist 5 Championship groups and mostly all the games were completed on Sat.
Coastal Cup spots and medal winning top 2 spots still undecided in some groups.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Lots of games missing. Im sure many not completed. So what happens? Do they still try to make them up or is the season considered done? My sons u18 was canceled due to snow. No update at all.

hervb

Sep 15, 2015
Lots of games missing. Im sure many not completed. So what happens? Do they still try to make them up or is the season considered done? My sons u18 was canceled due to snow. No update at all.

below is what was sent by D5 perhaps your club has yet to forward it?

There has been a decision to extend the schedule until next weekend. March 13, 2017 no later than 6pm final scores need to be submitted to league. SO that would mean Sunday March 12 last games to be played. I would highly suggest any games that are a “mean something” game to take priority. That could mean your team even though may not mean something to them it may to their opponent. SO please instruct your teams to cooperate with each other to play these games out where at all possible. We are well aware Spring Break is starting then but please do your best even if that means a week night game.

While this is happening please also get your teams to go over their results to make sure they’re right. Also if you have “forfeited” your games any where down the line let me know so we can make note of it. If we hear of any teams or clubs avoiding playing matches to make standings work in their or other teams favors there will be an investigation into those matches with fines attached.

Interesting decision as with the Mayors cup field space in surrey will be impossible.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
They should honestly just let it go. A lot of the results will be skewed. Many teams already checked out even if they are forced to play games. Teams playing under manned.

How is even fair when the decision to have group leaders be champions was made 2 games in.

Plus it is still randomly snowing.

We are in Mayors cup with 4 games to play next weekend, and Im sure there are others who are in the same boat.

Crazy stuff.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
below is what was sent by D5 perhaps your club has yet to forward it?

There has been a decision to extend the schedule until next weekend. March 13, 2017 no later than 6pm final scores need to be submitted to league. SO that would mean Sunday March 12 last games to be played. I would highly suggest any games that are a “mean something” game to take priority. That could mean your team even though may not mean something to them it may to their opponent. SO please instruct your teams to cooperate with each other to play these games out where at all possible. We are well aware Spring Break is starting then but please do your best even if that means a week night game.

While this is happening please also get your teams to go over their results to make sure they’re right. Also if you have “forfeited” your games any where down the line let me know so we can make note of it. If we hear of any teams or clubs avoiding playing matches to make standings work in their or other teams favors there will be an investigation into those matches with fines attached.

Interesting decision as with the Mayors cup field space in surrey will be impossible.

There is nothing on the Dist 5 website http://www.5dsl.ca/wp/front-page/about the Leage being extended and i haven't received anything from the club re this either.
The Championship finals were scrapped to allow make up games to be played up to the deadline of Sun Mar 5 and Dist 5 should stick to that.
Some scores from this weekend have not been updated !

Back