Commitment Level

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
Why are the Whitecaps putting resources into kids that young is my question...

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
Well of course it is... and that answers my question.

I'm sorry but for me, this is just wrong. Too young.

Legend

Dec 11, 2015
We came to the mutual conscience that our Canadian youth require professional coaches teaching the kids the necessary fundamental techniques and skills at the key younger ages, also this would be in better environments. In fact, depending on the situation $850 for 33 weeks could be considered good for the pay to play model. I love the fact your U7 daughter is an ALL YEAR Whitecaps Academy. She is learning at the appropriate age how the game should be played and taking the correct steps to become a well rounded player.
I don't believe caps have a U7 residency team. They should at U8 thou, that would be amazing. From the way iceland built their youth. It is whitecaps job to have a U7 residency team.

Legend

Dec 11, 2015
Love this.... I know we can't be like Barca but at least provides a strong benchmark standard of where we should be going.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
My point wasnt to say that div 3 is as good as div 1.

Im saying that these divisions are overlooked, the quality of play is not that bad, and if the clubs spent time and effort on the div 3 teams, in some cases the better practice times, locations and technical staff could make a big difference for some of those players.

This, I agree with. But how many div 3 teams actually want that?

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
As I have said many times, the whole conversation of Rep vs Rec and commitment etc can all be erased with two clear streams. The only issue I have with BCSPL is it created this exclusive elitist like mentality , Metro is second fiddle, anything below it isn't worth talking about... and its wrong. Leagues
Defined streams High performance and Rec. As TKBC said HP 1,2,and 3 everything else is rec and call it REC 1,2,3, 4, etc.. I would like to see under this environment joint ventures between clubs for the HP programs even if you don't have a current HPL franchise, as the quality at each level needs to be better. Yes have top quality paid coaches and programs and you will attract more committed players. Yes some private academies could help here such as TSS... The current local clubs would focus on U6-U7, U8-U12 development and rec and U13+ rec teams, the top level rec teams would still be good just with less commitment , volunteer coaches etc.. and clubs could focus resources to the continuous development ( in house academy and staff coaches.. to those who want it.)
The next step is for Soccer Canada is to define what a national player looks like, what style of play Canada is going to play etc.. so that the High Performance teams are building players for that program and not just generic players... for example no sense teaching possession based soccer if we are going to play defend deep and kick it long ,leave one attacker alone that we have played for so many years and wonder why there has been no success. Time to stop being afraid and play a more forward thinking game,

Back