BCSPL Franchise @ NAP - Pros/Cons ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LFC, Feb 16, 2016.

1. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 7
    Maybe prove they can work together in the current set-up before asking for BCSPL. Just a thought.

• Agree For Most Part Agree For Most Part x 1
    • List
  2. easoccer

easoccer Established Member

Ratings:
    +267 / 2
    I heard they will be imposing the 3 player movement limit on teams. So no more nomads in the near future.

3. socceroo

socceroo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    As for FV BCSPL - the organization is methodically and strategically strengthening their BC SPL program with logically locating their practices to meet the needs of its players.

I live here so I see kids player here and notice mostly Surrey players shopping for their kids bcspl prestige.

As for LFCFAN's Newton United BCSPL - the dust at Newton needs to settle over next couple years before any aspiration.

There are still couple summer clubs wanting winter or BC Soccer affiliation. Rumour is GN is in making and Akal is tossing coin with Pacific United FC and Central City Breakers

So if I was BC Soccer and being an outside guy looking in. Next 2 years plus Club Charter Program before BCSPL talks.

Surrey and Delta are merging , so the rules and guideline and boundaries will be all new. I hope Surrey and Delta folks learn from history and with assistance of BC Soccer come up with kids first type guidelines and rules. At the end of the day I don't think district or clubs can force a child to play in a specific club. There have been nomad coaches or teams but it is best to not accommodate nomad coaches and teams. But clubs are driven by numbers and thus come my way the grass is greener seems to make those nomad teams happy for few months.

4. LFC

LFC Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    There is alot of talent at NAP but due to so many new clubs forming& fighting over players ,dirty politics etc , that talent in not being nurtured & developed properly.

5. LFC

LFC Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    Because Newton doesn't have a BCSPL franchise , these talented players end up going to the 3 nearest BCSPL clubs :

These 2 clubs are the first choice destinations:
    SU
    COASTAL

Left overs or those player/parents who don,t get their way end up @ Fraser Valley based in Langley [ smart move by them moving the franchise next door to Surrey]

There,s lots of movement of Newton players between the above 3 clubs and if all else fails some of these prestige seeking parents will enroll their Gold level kid at Fusion FC :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  6. socceroo

socceroo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    So Newton folks needs to fix the newton issues first before spl.

After seeing so much fragmentation,my guess is there may be only 10% of total Newton player pool that are BCSpl calibre.

As for your statement: "There is alot of talent at NAP but due to so many new clubs forming& fighting over players ,dirty politics etc , that talent in not being nurtured & developed properly"

Let Coastal, SU and FV take care of elites. They are better structured and systematized as of today.

7. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 7
    Well said. Indeed, before any changes/additions/removals to BCSPL clubs have to show a period of stability and compliance with Standard Charter.

Re: FVP - the only issue I have with it being in Langley is the access for most FV-based kids is difficult. Placing a FV team in one end or the other of the Valley suggests the clubs top priority is not FV-based kids/families, but rather trying to attract kids from Surrey, White Rock, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge.

I believe any FV-specific club should be in Abbotsford or better yet, Aldergrove.

I do understand why it's in Langley for now though.