BC Coastal Soccer League

RRS

Sep 26, 2016
Sigh... 4D schedule was delayed last season, and standings (u13+) never did get posted. I understand that the fellow who had been doing the scheduling for eons had passed away, but surely it wasn't all in one person's hands, was it? If so, why?

What is it with this region, and the inability to organize efficiently? Even here, where interested protagonists within the soccer community congregate, it doesn't seem that anyone had any idea about the formation of the BCCSL until very, very late in the game.

Is it that unreasonable to expect a schedule one week before the season starts? Or for a simple Excel sheet to get posted weekly?

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Metro schedules aren't out either...at some point there needs to be some accountability..

The schedulers have no control over ref availability, nor the City officials that confirm field times. In addition clubs often enter teams, then withdraw them as the season nears.

southsloper

Aug 25, 2015
A smaller subset of BCCSL is BCCGSL which has covered the 8 districts for quite a while. Schedule was published Sep 1st as promised, but with a warning of changes possible. Teams have folded sometimes after the start of the season, especially Div 3 (There are only Div 1, 2 and 3 with subgroups in Girls league) :-(

Coach Ian

May 23, 2017
I know it was middle of last week that we got final confirmation of the divisions our teams are in, so I am going to assume they would be building schedules now....hopefully more than a week's notice for first game!

#5rich, Aug 26, 2017

We do? I haven't heard anything here in Vancouver. I was talking to a couple of Burnaby coaches on the weekend and they haven't hear a thing either.

I've been coaching in Vancouver for the last 15 yrs and I can't remember ever getting a schedule before the tuesday/wed of the 1st week of the season.

As TKBC says things change last minute and the schedulers have to change things beyond their control.
Given the circumstances I can see the seen put off 1 week!

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Sorry, to be clearer, we got a list from the league that the clubs were to use to confirm that our teams were correctly entered into the correct divisions. From that list, they were going to start building schedules.

Hopefully sooner rather than later. Personally, I don't expect games to start until the 16th.

LauraH

Aug 28, 2015
Looks like the Metro schedule has gone up, although in a different format than I've seen before.

southsloper

Aug 25, 2015
The underlying system for Metro League scheduling looks familiar as TechSys is the base upon which North Shore Girls SC (NSGSC) and Burnaby Girls SC (BGSC) club websites are built on. BGSC uses it's registration subsystem, but doesn't use the team pages & associated functions (unfortunately). And definitely not the scheduling subsystem either...

Looks like the Metro schedule has gone up, although in a different format than I've seen before.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
The underlying system for Metro League scheduling looks familiar as TechSys is the base upon which North Shore Girls SC (NSGSC) and Burnaby Girls SC (BGSC) club websites are built on. BGSC uses it's registration subsystem, but doesn't use the team pages & associated functions (unfortunately). And definitely not the scheduling subsystem either...

what site are you guys looking at for the MSL schedules? Looks like the traditional sched on the MSL web site.

Krutov

Aug 20, 2015
IMO I think it should be at least common courtesy for clubs to update their websites to let families know when play is going to begin. If it was not for this board I would have no idea that leagues have even merged on the boys side. In our case we (parents and players) have not even received an email from the coach yet this season. They have trained but this came from a schedule from our TD. No idea who is even on the team or how many players have registered.

As TKBC says be patient there will be hiccups but I think I recall that statement year after year after year. LOL

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015

Good catch (looks to be hosted by that company as well)

what site are you guys looking at for the MSL schedules? Looks like the traditional sched on the MSL web site.

Metro Select League – Youth Soccer League Covering the Coastal Mainland of BC
then click schedules
Metro Select League: SpAppz Online Sports Registration and Club Management
and then a team for example
Metro Select League: SpAppz Online Sports Registration and Club Management

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
lol not sure if this is confirmed fact but just received a note the BC Coastal League is pushed back 1 week due to scheduling issues. Shock. Regionalize it folks. Get the divisions organized by geography for all tiers bronze-silver-gold.

Glad I coach u11...

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
With the crappy weather and missed games the last couple of seasons (especially last year) you would think getting the league started on time would be a priority.

RRS

Sep 26, 2016
IMO I think it should be at least common courtesy for clubs to update their websites to let families know when play is going to begin. If it was not for this board I would have no idea that leagues have even merged on the boys side. In our case we (parents and players) have not even received an email from the coach yet this season. They have trained but this came from a schedule from our TD. No idea who is even on the team or how many players have registered.

As TKBC says be patient there will be hiccups but I think I recall that statement year after year after year. LOL

Agreed 1,000 percent. From my experience over the past 10 years, I can confirm that timely communication is a not a strong suit within the BC soccer landscape. There are going to be a LOT of people scratching their heads and scrambling this fall.

RRS

Sep 26, 2016
With the crappy weather and missed games the last couple of seasons (especially last year) you would think getting the league started on time would be a priority.

I'd chalk your comment down to being new to soccer in this province, but I've seen your name here for quite some time... so surely you jest!

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Confirmed.

All U13-U18 boys games will start Sept 16/17.

Rather a week delay and get it right, then rush and get it wrong, I guess.

RRS

Sep 26, 2016
Oh, ye of little faith....;)
I get it that we're being fatalistic....but we come by it honestly. This year, our club just now has push mailed everyone that the season will start on the 16th due to scheduling issues with the merger of 4D and 5D, and the formation of BCCSL on the boys side. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first mention from the club of any sort regarding BCCSL.

Last year I followed the mantra of "Let's just be patient" for 4-5 weeks into the season, waiting for standings that -- as it turned out -- never did materialize. Nor, was there ever any word from 4D that the situation was such that it couldn't be rectified. Just crickets from them, the district, and the club... So, regretfully, we of little faith have a track record to base our pessimism on.

Krutov

Aug 20, 2015
From a quick browse through the 8 districts involved I see that two of them have the cancellation displayed on their web pages. Burnaby already has a schedule for internal friendlies. Sounds like someone must have known this was going to happen but did not feel the need to share the info with everyone else.
BCCSL website is not even updated.

Back