2015/2016 Hosted Schedules

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Any idea when the TCYSA schedule will be posted?
The last bit of information I received was that teams hadn't been submitted yet everywhere so schedules couldn't be started - that was a week ago.

I don't believe the season starts until the 19th, so things should firm up next week and hopefully something is posted then.

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
When Will the Delta Mini's be posted and is that where the U12 Boys CFC are in the Mini's?
I've seen a provisional schedule with play beginning on the 19th - I'm assuming you are the coach of the CFC Snipers?

If so, provisionally, your first 3 games are all at Dufferin North with game times of 12:30, 11:00, 12:30 (Saturdays).

Hopefully I get word soon that the schedules are completely published!

Cheers,

Regs.

Coach Guy

Aug 26, 2015
I've seen a provisional schedule with play beginning on the 19th - I'm assuming you are the coach of the CFC Snipers?

If so, provisionally, your first 3 games are all at Dufferin North with game times of 12:30, 11:00, 12:30 (Saturdays).

Hopefully I get word soon that the schedules are completely published!

Cheers,

Regs.

Ok thanks Reg and how did you know I was the coach of the CFC Snipers? LOL am I that obvious

Do we need player cards at the time of games and if so when do we get those?

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Player cards aren't usually needed until after Thanksgiving.

The 5-District schedules keep changing...aaaaugh!

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Ok thanks Reg and how did you know I was the coach of the CFC Snipers? LOL am I that obvious

Do we need player cards at the time of games and if so when do we get those?
Wild guess based on your original question and seeing the name of the coach of the Snipers in the league contact section :)

As for player cards, I don't really know - do kids at this age even have them? (my knowledge of the youth system is certainly lacking in this department)

In any event, maybe contact the coordinator at CFC for that info, I'm sure they can help you!

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Player cards aren't usually needed until after Thanksgiving.

FWIW, I received a note yesterday that 5DL schedules are no longer drafts - from my understanding, drastic changes shouldn't be occurring this week.

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
DYSA League Schedules (Delta Minis/house) are now posted.

southsloper

Aug 25, 2015
Previously all U13-U18 players (boys & girls) had to have BGSC Photo ID cards. I don`t see it on the BCSA site, but this year, the BCCGSL`require BCSA IDs for U12 Select girls this season (BCCGSL has U12 Select & U13-U18 divisional girls teams).

BGSC U12 House are in a different league and apparently don`t require ID cards (answer I got when I last asked). As standings are not recorded for U12, and also there are no league or provincial championships at that age level, there is likely less need to catch over age players *playing down* I suppose. Although that doesn`t explain the requirementt for Photo ID for U12 Select girls this year.

I believe the BCSA produce the Photo ID cards, and clubs are responsible for providing player names, ages, and profile photos to them. My girls`teams have usually had the coach snap pix or asked families to provide to the coach or manager. As mentioned previously, your coordinator & club management should be able to provide info on your teams requirements.

Wild guess based on your original question and seeing the name of the coach of the Snipers in the league contact section :)

As for player cards, I don't really know - do kids at this age even have them? (my knowledge of the youth system is certainly lacking in this department)

In any event, maybe contact the coordinator at CFC for that info, I'm sure they can help you!

Cheers,

Regs.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015

Could possibly change again ! The prolonged suspension of 5 weeks prior to the start of the season will surely have affected teams with some teams losing players due to the suspension . Main beneficiary of this suspension has been Surrey Youth Pegasus

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Blah. Looks like at least U15 is still worked on. There's an even number of teams in Div 2, yet there is a bye on the schedule...all I know is that we have a home game. I think the game and field schedulers should be given medals...as much as we whine at them, I sure don't want to do it!!!

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
You could not pay me enough to do what the schedulers and score reporters put up with :)

There should be a better system though, especially this day and age.

Quick question to those of you looking at the schedules (and eventually the scores and standings): what are your biggest pain points / frustrations with the way things are currently done / presented?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Regs.

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Problem with the standings is when there is other teams above us ;)

The thing with the scheduling is it always seems like a surprise every year. "OMG, the season's supposed to start. Maybe we should do a schedule!" I can't imagine it's easy, and probably leads to borderline alcoholism, but there must be a better way.

Unbalanced schedules were frustrating last year. One team had 6 home games and 11 away. From a club perspective, some weekends we had 7 games to schedule, some we had 15.

I guess it's part of clubs adding teams at the last minute, and adjusting divisions. Not sure what the answer is, but surely there must be some kind of scheduling software that can do the thinking for us...

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I have a problem with tiering. For example last year there were teams in Div 3 that were undefeated at tiering (thanksgiving) and werent promoted, while there were teams in Div 2 that were winless and weren't dropped. I understand this is not the job of the people who maintain the site or the standings and is most likely political, but it did bother me last year. And some may say 3-4 games isnt enough to decide, but at the end of the year the 2 teams who werent promoted were 11-1, while there were at least 4 teams in div 2 that had one win for the year.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
I have a problem with tiering. For example last year there were teams in Div 3 that were undefeated at tiering (thanksgiving) and werent promoted, while there were teams in Div 2 that were winless and weren't dropped. I understand this is not the job of the people who maintain the site or the standings and is most likely political, but it did bother me last year. And some may say 3-4 games isnt enough to decide, but at the end of the year the 2 teams who werent promoted were 11-1, while there were at least 4 teams in div 2 that had one win for the year.

Yeah the divisions should be tiered better and changes should be made to move teams up down . The really strong or weak teams are easily noticeable after 2-3 games.

A question re Metro - how many players allowed to register in Boys from U13 to U18 - is it 18 or 20 ??

juninho

Aug 25, 2015
18 players for U13 to U16, max. 20 players for U17 to U18. Tiering is always a problem - if you're too aggressive and push teams up that aren't ready for it, they get punished. If you're too lenient and leave them where they are, the rest of the division gets punished.

I'd like to see more movement, personally. Teams that are consistently unbeaten and dominant in lower divisions shouldn't be put back in the lower divisions year after year. It's bad for the kids on the team (lower level of competition) and it's bad for every other team that has to play them.

WTF

Sep 3, 2015
Could possibly change again ! The prolonged suspension of 5 weeks prior to the start of the season will surely have affected teams with some teams losing players due to the suspension . Main beneficiary of this suspension has been Surrey Youth Pegasus
Alot of changes in the last few couple of days 5 DSLChanges to Leagues
Wonder if the powers that run soccer will punish those that have pulled players from other teams during the unfair suspension by SMSA

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Alot of changes in the last few couple of days 5 DSLChanges to Leagues
Wonder if the powers that run soccer will punish those that have pulled players from other teams during the unfair suspension by SMSA

I'm not sure I would classify it as unfair. Both sdgsa and smsa found the agm to be run in an unfair way with the rights of the members being reinstated in a new agm Oct agm.

Regardless to answer your question, most of the teams that moved were not registered to any club at the time so thete isn't really anything to punish.

Back