Whitecaps off field incidents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soccer_dude, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Soccer_dude

Soccer_dude Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Any thoughts / comments regarding the handling of the Whitecaps recent off field "troubles" involving the youth team & there starting RB?

The youth team alleged incident seems pretty disturbing ...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. easoccer

easoccer Established Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 2
    Sexual Assault and Domestic Abuse are serious issues. Im not up on the details but from what bit I read I hope it can all be resolved professionally and justice served.

3. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 7
    Likely no one is up on the details.

Re: sexual assault charges - Crown doesn't proceed with charges without evidence, but that doesn't mean something won't be negotiated, charges reduced, nor that the kids will be found guilty. However, even if they aren't found guilty of the charges that doesn't mean something very serious didn't happen and the players need serious consequences in that case.

Re: Domestic violence - there's a publication ban according to court services, which makes perfect sense from the legal perspective. The "Last Result" noted on CSO is that the matter is concluded "end" so I am not sure if that means the pub ban was the conclusion or if the issue/charges have been resolved in some way. Something to keep in mind, again, especially in these cases a finding of not guilty doesn't mean something very serious didn't happen it means that some aspect of the legal options is not satisfied (or however you want to put it). The spouse can often recant, which is very sad, and would also result in charges dropped. But, in K files the Crown etc can proceed if they have enough additional evidence to prove assault - but I don't know what the conditions are that have to be met for that to happen.