Whitecaps Fraser Valley Academy

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Whitecaps putting an academy in Abbotsford in association with Abbotsford SA. This is for u9-12. Would love to hear of people's experiences with this. Here's the link:

http://abbotsfordsoccer.com/whitecaps-and-asa-partner-for-fraser-valley-academy/

It sounds like they are seeking the top players in this age group, so I suspect this academy can be viewed similar to the other Whitecaps academies across the country, but simply it's limited to these ages when I think the other academies go to older groups. Makes sense since BCSPL can fill the void u13+ that other provinces don't have.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Had this clarified for me that this was limited to Chwk-Abby, so maybe should be called East FV academy but anyway...

Sounds like they are opening academy centres throughout lower mainland (but I don't know this to be fact). IE, the Langley kids have to go to the SFU-based academy...this is a step above the Sunday morning academy, which is open to all.

u9-u12. Two groups. u9-10, u11-12 boys and girls. 12-14 per group (I think they are choosing 28).

The kids of course stay with their home club for full time training, and games - the academy is extra.

Looked like a huge turnout for Chwk-Abby kids - tough to say if kids didn't bother, but was nice most of my own team turned out.

Back