TD Series: Lee Tregonning

Editor

Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Editor submitted a new Article:

TD Series: Lee Tregonning

Lee, thank you so much for taking the time to allow us to conduct this interview – to start, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I was born in Aberdare, Wales and from an early age I both played and coached with the professional soccer club Cardiff City.

Soccer was ingrained into me by my father who played professional Soccer for Chelsea FC.

I went on to play professionally with Cardiff City FC and Luton Town FC for several years, earning 22 international caps (a national accreditation) for my country. These games also gave me the opportunity to travel the world and see soccer’s cultural influences on a global scale.

Later, I joined the military and went on three tours of duty, while playing soccer back at home at every opportunity.

When family matters changed, I chose to remain closer to home and joined the Welsh Police Force. Within the force, my natural leadership shone through, and helped me to ascend to the rank of Sergeant, which in turn allowed myself to make a difference in the community.

The South Wales Police FC and Welsh Police soccer teams both recruited myself to come play for them, where they travelled the world for games and had many great successes over the years.

After several visits, I immigrated to Canada and quickly became involved in the soccer community by coaching in several clubs throughout the Lower Mainland. These clubs include: Vancouver Whitecaps FC, BC Soccer, Mountain United FC, North Vancouver FC, North Shore Girls FC, Play Active School Soccer (PASS), and my own elite soccer school, Europa Soccer Academy.

I also still play soccer with the Vancouver Police Department, and have represented BC Police in the North American Championships.

Currently, I live in False Creek with my wife and daughter and enjoy soccer daily for work & charitable work, as well as in my free time.

Since arriving to Canada in 2008, I’ve also donated time & skills to charity-based programs in both schools and women’s shelters throughout the Lower Mainland and have since become associated with Canada SCORES as a result.

Who was / is your biggest influence?

My Grandad is my biggest influence, a hard working, honest Scottish fella who raised me with good values.

There seems to be a bit of a misconception on what a Technical Director actually does – can you shed some light on what your typical day is like when you...

Read more about this article here...

Back