Surrey Tigers FC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gooner, Mar 29, 2017.

1. easoccer

easoccer Established Member

Ratings:
    +244 / 2
    Calm down. The Newton clubs have the same standards as the rest. From attending tryouts and having kids go to Guildford, Surrey United, and Coastal? I can tell you there is nothing special about those clubs at all. And for the record who has the majority of the better placing teams? That should speak for itself, not some backdoor meating that awarded bcspl to those clubs.

2. easoccer

Ratings:
    +244 / 2
    Bcspl should have been a seperate entity, not affiliated with any NFP club. And for that matter take MSL and run it under the same umbrella.

3. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 7
    Surrey United is top of the pops, whether the other Surrey clubs like it or not. They are all feeders to Surrey United. Coastal has now joined the district - creating a super district. Both already had MSL franchises, and both certainly already meet the expected standards. What exactly is unfair about that? Should encourage CCB etc to meet those same standards so they too can get one of the other 2 MSL spots.

4. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 7
    I can assure you I am not worked up, thus have no need to calm down.

5. easoccer

Ratings:
    +244 / 2
    Im not affiliated with CCB so I have nothing to say to them.

Surrey United may have bcspl, but anything below is not important to them. From my experience they are poorly run and not very oganised.

6. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 7
    Disagree. BCSPL having affiliations makes perfect sense for player development - it encourages clubs communicating to provide the necessary development and trial opportunities to move to the next level.

What should happen is BCSPL should now be looking at creating it's own Tier 2. Whether it should be larger than the current 8 BCSPL franchises or not can be debated, but BCSPL should be ready to grow to 2 tiers now. This would resolve the issues you seem to be having, and make for an even clearer player development pathway AND also ensure increased development standards at the tier 2 level.

7. easoccer

Ratings:
    +244 / 2
    No one said there shouldnt be affiliations. A district has a bcspl franchise. Executives coaches etc. All get voted in. But all clubs support that club.

#27 easoccer, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  8. Soccer dad

Soccer dad Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just wanted to clarify that Van United and Surrey youth( you mean SFC/Pegasus) are not working together, on SFC Metro try outs, not even 1 player from Van United showed up ( for 2004) born players. Even though we were, as parents told that Van United players will be coming in for try outs, I don't know the issues but not working together is hurting player development.

9. Soccer_dude

Soccer_dude Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    How many teams does 'Van United' have in divisional play? Like 6 teams?