Sunny Surrey: Pacific United Suspended

socceroo

Sep 21, 2015
What sort of bailout and from who? From this year or last?

I think EA is talking about Tigers bailing out PUFC out of their misery with merger but that fell apart quickly and now Tigers are an entity in fall. It seems they were able to switch of their teams when they were officially affiliated BCSA in July.

Soccer dad

Sep 16, 2016
I am a parent of a player at PUFC. No body from SMSA or BCSA can convince me that there is not some back door deals going on to bring PUFC down. Our kid was playing with both of the bigger clubs in Surrey and there is reason why we moved and love PUFC, Even though, people from these two clubs are approaching the players from PUFC, no one wants to move back to these clubs.
If SMSA and BCSA was so concerns about kids as they are posting here, they would give notice to club to correct whand inform the parents not just suspend the club for ALLEGATIONS, just before registration begins. Are these allegations proved anywhere yet? I have lot's to say but I will refrain for now.

Soccer dad

Sep 16, 2016
Don't be sorry yet my friend, just wait for the dust to settle there are lot of people out there who will be Sorry. All the clubs should be thankful to PUFC who are standing up to these bullies and corrupt people.

Totally agreed with Shawn here.
SMSA chair person is the biggest bully and corrupt person in this whole thing going on.
When PUFC kids and parents went to BCSA office to protest this decision of suspending the PUFS, last Monday, they did not have the guts to come out and talk or assure the parents and kids that they will make sure kids play this season. Do they even care if kids play or not? Is this how they convince more kids to play soccer or are they deterring kids from playing soccer.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
According to BC Soccer, a club requires 44 registered players to be accepted.

Ah, I see! I meant as far as actually opening an NFP, putting a team on the field - and was referring to budget. Number of teams doesn't matter so long as you can pay for the field rentals, insurance and things like that.

As far as being accepted into BCSA the minimum being 44 then that's just an additional requirement - but 10 teams is more than 44 players.

Soccer dad

Sep 16, 2016
PUFC is suspended because they couldn't get their sh*t together ... as a matter of fact they never had it together.
Indo-soccer, you must be from BC tigers. Yes, PUFC could not get the shit together left by BC Tigers when they try to take over PUFC illegally and SMSA chair was sleeping with BC tigers, sorry, BC cheaters. Tigers attack from front not back door

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
I have been around, coached with , have friends in everyone of these Newton based clubs. I will confidently say they are all guilty to one degree or another. Its unfortunate that the actions of a few impact the many in not for profit organizations or clubs.
I am not going to rush to judgement as I don't have all the facts, or know the whole story.I will admit i have my beliefs but they are unfounded and purely speculation at this point, thus I will keep them to myself.
I will ask Soccer Dad and Shawn Gill this :
If an organization or club is suspected of doing business in a way that it is against or contrary to any act or in violation of an agreement with an association and someone brings forward those concerns how is the association suppose to respond? BC Soccer must believe the allegations are serious enough that it has no choice in the case but to suspend the accused organization until such time that it can perform a full audit/investigation of the allegations.
Does this suck for the kids? Of course it does, which is why BC Soccer Challenged SMSA to find away to accommodate these teams until such audit/investigation is complete and an outcome is derived. If some feel this is an attempt to bring down PU and that the other members of SMSA are using this to steal the teams , while no one can rally control that. It is best the control of these teams is left to the SMSA in any case.
if one wants to challenge the timing of this, I can;t blame them. I would like to know who brought forward the allegations , I don't believe the timing is coincidence, though it may have more do to with boards not meeting over the summer than anything.
The only people innocent in this whole Newton mess is the kids.....

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
Indo-soccer, you must be from BC tigers. Yes, PUFC could not get the shit together left by BC Tigers when they try to take over PUFC illegally and SMSA chair was sleeping with BC tigers, sorry, BC cheaters. Tigers attack from front not back door
Chair of SMSA recently changed and given with what happen the previous year I don't think he is sleeping with anyone from BC Tigers. I assume you are referring to the previous chair who is an executive with BC Tigers....... perhaps you should update your info...

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015

You do realise the SMSA chair is Harj? From CCB? Not Shaheem anymore.

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
I'm going to remind everyone to keep it civil in here and do your best to NOT curse as well as being careful with accusations.

I'd hate to have to start over moderating here, mostly because I don't have the time to babysit my kids, nevermind adults I've never even met :)

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
I have been around, coached with , have friends in everyone of these Newton based clubs. I will confidently say they are all guilty to one degree or another. Its unfortunate that the actions of a few impact the many in not for profit organizations or clubs.
I am not going to rush to judgement as I don't have all the facts, or know the whole story.I will admit i have my beliefs but they are unfounded and purely speculation at this point, thus I will keep them to myself.
I will ask Soccer Dad and Shawn Gill this :
If an organization or club is suspected of doing business in a way that it is against or contrary to any act or in violation of an agreement with an association and someone brings forward those concerns how is the association suppose to respond? BC Soccer must believe the allegations are serious enough that it has no choice in the case but to suspend the accused organization until such time that it can perform a full audit/investigation of the allegations.
Does this suck for the kids? Of course it does, which is why BC Soccer Challenged SMSA to find away to accommodate these teams until such audit/investigation is complete and an outcome is derived. If some feel this is an attempt to bring down PU and that the other members of SMSA are using this to steal the teams , while no one can rally control that. It is best the control of these teams is left to the SMSA in any case.
if one wants to challenge the timing of this, I can;t blame them. I would like to know who brought forward the allegations , I don't believe the timing is coincidence, though it may have more do to with boards not meeting over the summer than anything.
The only people innocent in this whole Newton mess is the kids.....

Good post and whoever brought forward the allegations against PUFC should be made public

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
PUFC have many technical guys/good coach,s who want to develop players and eventually their approach will help them to run their own club successfully and the ban should be lifted ASAP

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Looks like they switched PUFC to SMSA in the tables, and also the district will be helping the coaches/managers to get underway while the suspension is in place for the club.

2 games missed for the higher level teams. but those can be made up for sure.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Looks like they switched PUFC to SMSA in the tables, and also the district will be helping the coaches/managers to get underway while the suspension is in place for the club.

2 games missed for the higher level teams. but those can be made up for sure.

Thats great news that the PUFC teams have been entered in the schedule under SMSA . At least the young players are playing again and i,m sure they are all so excited.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thats great news that the PUFC teams have been entered in the schedule under SMSA . At least the young players are playing again and i,m sure they are all so excited.

Agreed.

If the club did something wrong it's exceptionally unlikely the players (and parents) knew what was going on that was wrong.

Shawn Gill

May 27, 2016
Some of our BC Tigers friends are fading away here, seems like they got some internal news. I hope they will still participate here when truth prevails.

Soccer dad

Sep 16, 2016
Update With PUFC suspension/hearing, date was 24th September. PUFC reps were told that they can bring in observers and when they showed up with one of them which I believe was a lawyer, hearing was cancelled and PUFC was told that they can't have some one out side of club. Are not these games playing by SMSA or BCSA? truth should come out. does not matter if it is against or in favor of PUFC directors.
By the way, on the weekend, almost all of the PUFC teams playing under SMSA won by big margins. could this be co incidence or do they have better system, is the reason why most players and parents did not wanted to leave the club and go to other clubs, which SMSA was basically trying to do

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Not sure about the other stuff, but to give credit to a system of development would take years. Not a single year with players formerly developed by other clubs.

Soccer dad

Sep 16, 2016
2006 born gold team crushed opponent by 16-0 on 24th Sep game. That team requested the league that they wanted to play year up, gold but were denied. That team was playing year up last year and beating the teams and that's where they belong.

Back