RIP George Riddell

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
Received news over the weekend that George Riddell passed away last Wednesday after a short battle with cancer.

RIP George.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Sad to hear. Cancer is a tough thing. Lost an aunt and an uncle to it. Best wishes to his family.

RIP George.

FB1

Feb 6, 2016
I believe this was George's second battle with cancer, as I recall him being sick over the last few years, but heard he had beaten it around this time last year.

George could be stubborn at times, and he didn't suffer fools. But he gave countless hours to the youth soccer scene in the Lower Mainland. And if you have ever had to schedule any kind of league/tournament, the fact he could do it year after year is astonishing. I would have bailed after one time!

He was committed to youth soccer, specifically the 5 District League, and he will be sorely missed.

southsloper

Aug 25, 2015
Does anyone know if someone took over George Riddell's "stuff"? (domains, TAGS scheduling, etc?) And contact info?

southsloper

Aug 25, 2015
Does anyone know if someone took over George Riddell's "stuff"? (domains, TAGS scheduling, etc?) And contact info?

Answering my old/own question - It seemed that George did not have an "exit strategy" (to use a buzz phrase) and presumably no one else had passwords, and no support contact either for TAGS scheduling software. The inevitable result was every club/league (that I was aware of at least) using TAGS, dropped it for something else.

There is one exception -- the old 5 District Soccer League domain (5dsl.ca) looked like it was still using TAGS some time back. I looked again just now and discovered that they still are! BTW 5DSL.CA was repurposed as 3 District Soccer League (3DSL) run by the SFDA-South Fraser Distriction Ass'n as a U10-U12 Boys & Girls league. And they have TAGS schedules for 2019!

Back