November 18th - November 20th Weekend Recaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABBYSOCDAD

Nov 9, 2016
Why did they move the district cup to before Christmas though? There has always been plenty of time to do both league and district cup in January-February-March. Coastals start in April if I am not mistaken?

3 Div 1 teams does not allow for a semi-final proper to be played - so why would they deny div 2 teams?

That said, this further proves my point that Div 2 is "rec" in comparison to Div 1 as they are viewed as not competitive enough (at least in Fraser Valley). I believe there should be a competitive stream of BCSPL-MSL-Div 1, and then a rec stream of Div 2. BCSA could amend their A and B designations to allow for some flexibility with respect to who is in Premier, A and B Cup in this set-up (allowing Div 2 teams to apply entry into B cup if they want - over the years have seen plenty of Div 2 teams enter coastal cup either by upsetting the Div 1 team, or because their district didn't have a div 1 team - not sure the last time I saw that happen in FV District, but have seen it plenty in other districts).

I would like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back