Metro no more?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soccermomof2, Nov 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Soccermomof2

Soccermomof2 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, wondering how the next season will be different with Metro dissolving and becoming part of Division 1,2,3 etc? Anyone have any info on effects or disadvantages? Does this change the appeal of HPL? Thanks!

2. FVSH

FVSH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where did you hear this?
    Very new rumours to me

3. southsloper

southsloper Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    The league's website has a PDF document at the link: BCCSL Divisonal Structure Overview and an example chart of the league divisions for next season, i.e. 2019-2020 with Metro & Divs 1, 2 and 3 like this year...

4. FVSH

FVSH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is what I thought.
    I just want to know where people get there source of info

5. southsloper

southsloper Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Rumour & gossip perhaps -- although there *are* old threads on BC Soccer Central as well as postings (from before this season) on some club websites that said Metro would be called Division 1, the old Div 1 would become Div 2, etc... Something that did not happen after all, for I'm sure a variety of interesting reasons.

6. Soccermomof2

Soccermomof2 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 7
    News to me. Never heard this rumour. Who told you this? Where is this written? Metro is already part of Div 1-2-3 etc. It's the top tier in BCCSL with div 1 being the 2nd tier so on and so forth. Can't see how any of this would impact BCSPL.

8. Soccermomof2

Soccermomof2 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

9. Soccermomof2

Soccermomof2 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The link in my last post: “youth soccer will have new look in September.” Click on it. It was from Richmond News. I saw it in a couple of different soccer sites. Now I’m really confused!

10. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 7
    Go to the BCCSL web site. It will make sense. I can see why you are confused because it says "part of the first division." This is what happens when reporters write on something they don't understand. They also write out BC Soccer Premier League then put "(HPL)" in brackets. It's not called HPL. HPL is also not the acronym for BC Soccer Premier League. Metro is now under the BCCSL umbrella rather than it's own separate entity. Great choice. Makes sense. Top of the BCCSL pyramid, one step below BCSPL (which I think all leagues should be under that umbrella, with lesser and lesser standards as you go down the pyramid).

11. Soccermomof2

Soccermomof2 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for clearing that up!