Hi! I Am a Not For Profit Association

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legend, Dec 4, 2016.

1. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 7
    Every country has to develop their own system with respect to the playing environment. My recommendations come from my own playing and coaching experiences in combination with looking at what other countries do.

Canada cannot just do what "the Dutch" do for example. But aspects of what they do may work very well for us for sure.

2. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 7
    Indeed - we can talk playing systems until we are blue in the face. Without coach ed we'll get nowhere.

I saw yesterday that Ontario now requires ongoing coach courses so those with Provincial B certs can simply maintain that certification. BCSA should do the same - I have Prov B and have little to no oversight in what I do. I would love to be forced to take ongoing courses just to maintain my level.

3. Legend

Legend Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 3
    To compare and contrast yourself, if you feel motivated try out the USSF C Course in Oregon or California this year and make into an vacation as well... Thats what I do.... Course than vacation

4. CanadianSpur

CanadianSpur Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Ideally following the model of top footballing countries sounds great. The problem we face is the lack of processional clubs. In many countries top youth development is provided by the academies run by professional clubs...That is the real "infrastructure" we are lacking in Canada.

5. Legend

Legend Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 3
    Oh!!! I am fully aware :eek:

6. Legend

Legend Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 3
    We need 12 various levels of the Whitecaps in the lower mainland... not one...

7. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 7
    absolutely - which is why the Canadian Premier League may end up being so crucial. Hopefully each can run an academy, and of course as local leagues see more closely and consistently the kind of player those academies (and the 1st teams) are signing the local NFP's will begin to develop those types of players more often. Having a national league puts directly in front of everyone the player expectations - just look at the CHL for example. Everyone knows a kid who "made it" and so many also know someone who made the NHL or Euro pro leagues. There are real world examples of the standard that soccer simply doesn't have here even with the Whitecaps residency.

• Agree For Most Part Agree For Most Part x 1
    • List