Best Academy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shawn, Dec 5, 2015.

1. RCharlesworth

RCharlesworth Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We are in South Surrey but are able travel to nearby communities if it allowed for the opportunity to train, Delta, Surrey, Langley, Richmond, New West

2. Admin

Admin Administrator

Ratings:
    +88 / 2
    Jeff Clarke (Surrey United TD) has a goalkeeper coach helping with academies and camps - not sure if one-on-one time is available but I can try and see if I can get you a direct contact to him if you are interested to take it from there.

Let me know and I'll see what I can find.

3. RCharlesworth

RCharlesworth Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    If you can facilitate direct contact that would be great and yes, we will go from there. Thanks

4. JDFMike

JDFMike Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    the main coaches, from my understanding, are B license minimum. our academy is U12 and below, so nobody is being signed and even higher age groups i highly doubt would be signed from a tournament they put on...generally those players would be scouted at the HPL level for residency.

if the academy has any standards generally the players are going to be, for the most part, at a higher baseline of skills than club soccer. that doesn't diminish the fact there are comparable players outside the academy system within clubs, it just means, in theory, that academy players (again, dependent on the standards - coaching staff, players involved skills levels and mindset) have a higher baseline of technical/tactical proficiency than your typical club player and within the academy system, given the dynamics, should acquire knowledge and proficiency at a more rapid pace.

5. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 7
    That would be my assumption also.

6. RaeJaxx

RaeJaxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My daughter has been going to the Whitecaps Academy for a couple of years now. The coaching has been great and they do put kids within skill level groups. She has made some new friends, has fun and her skillset has greatly improved. :)

7. TKBC

TKBC Established Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 7
    Yes, I understand those practices have a heavy focus on individual technique - a kid on my team has been going (not sure how long) and his individual technique with the ball is superb, surely helped by the Whitecaps coaching (and his constantly having a ball at his feet!). The teams from Whitecaps academy I've played/seen in a tournament all had high individual skill level (though they were basically hand-picked all-star teams lol).

8. easoccer

easoccer Established Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 2
    Do we have any quality academies in Surrey?