Permitting Rules for Div to Metro...????

Glen Kelleway

Sep 6, 2015
I have been looking to find the number of times a player can permit up from a div team to an MSL Team.

I can't locate an specific reference to a limit on the number of times a player can permit up or if it is unlimited.

All I can see is a reference to the movement onto a MSL team must be completed by Dec 31 and needs to be authorized by the district and the team.

Can anyone point me to the section in the rules where it clearly states that there is an unlimited number of times that a player can permit up before Dec 31 (cup play starts after that date) or if there is a LIMIT.

Thx

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
If you find the transfer form itself this may answer your question. Drop an email to league executive. I seem to recall a rule of x3/season max....?

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
From the MSL 2015/2016 Policy/Information document:

MSL Youth-to-Youth Permits

(a) The MSL shall grant a registered MSL player permission to play for a MSL team in an older age division. (Where there are two teams from the same club in the same division the players cannot be permitted between the two teams.)

(b) The MSL shall grant a player registered with a team outside the League permission to play for a MSL team of his age group or older age division.

(c) The MSL shall also grant permission for a player registered with a team in a lower league’s older-age division than his/her birth-eligibility age to play for an MSL team of his/her age group or older age division.

(d) Permission is contingent on the player receiving the consent of the team and the approval of the Youth District with which he is registered.
i. A MSL team can only obtain players from its own Youth District. If there is more than one team within a District a player can only play for one team on permit within one season
ii. Permits will be allowed for league games or League Cup games only, not for any cup games out side of the League.
iii. Players under suspension shall not be eligible to play under permit.
iv. Out-of-District players can be permitted as long as the Out-ofDistrict number does not exceed the BCSA maximum.
v. Any player requesting a permit must apply for permission by completing a permit form supplied by the League. The application form bearing the consent of the releasing team must be submitted for the Youth District Designates consideration prior to the game for which the permit is requested. Youth Districts may set additional conditions for approval of the league’s permits and may elect not to approve any league permits.
vi. A permit is valid only for the team, day and game stated on the permit application form.
vii. An approved permit form for the permitted player must be presented to the game official and to the opposing coach prior to the start of the game. Any player with a permit must also present a valid ID card to be eligible to play.
viii. Any disciplinary action applied from misconduct reported while playing in a game under permit shall be served during the very next game(s) with his/her registered team. Any team playing a player on a permit that does not conform to the above Rules shall be sanctioned as for playing an ineligible player, and have Permit Privileges withdrawn. Any district approving permits not conforming to the above rules shall be sanctioned by withdrawal of permit privileges for its District for up to one year.

I'm not seeing a limit for a single player per season in there, maybe someone else has a better eye than me, I've attached the complete document here.

Attachments

• 2015-16 MSL Policy and Information Manual.pdf
    161.1 KB · Views: 2

juninho

Aug 25, 2015
Wow why would MSL permits be different than regular? I see they can permit for League Cup too, whereas we cannot, forcing us to transfer if we want these players to be eligible for us after Christmas.

Back