CCL 2015 and the Caps

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Interesting match tonight for the Caps, hopefully Robbo doesn't muck around too much with the lineup, we need a result if we want to have any hope of progressing further out of the group.

rich

Aug 20, 2015
I think we'll see a combo of starters and bench players. I expect Laba to play, as he's out for Seattle anyway with the suspension.
Maybe something like:

Smith-Waston-Parker-Adekugbe
Froese-Mezquida-Laba-Flores-Manneh
Mattocks

Maybe Rosales over Froese.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Back line I could live with but the rest is too many changes... plust I think RT needs to be slotted in there somehow for some minutes.

I can see the need for Octavio to be spelled off for a match but does it have to be Mattocks?!?!?

:)

rich

Aug 20, 2015
I have a gut feeling that they're gonna save RT for Seattle, with Laba out for that one.

I'd really prefer to see Earnshaw up top, but I'm afraid I won't get my wish

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
@rich

You were pretty much bang on with your starters, quite surprised to see Mattocks & Earnshaw on the pitch at the same time.

Watching Mattocks makes my eyes bleed.

A much needed 3 points in a match where I thought the refereeing was poor - both ways. How Waston was not called for a PK near the end is beyond me!

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Darren Mattocks...almost snatching defeat from the jaws of glory.

Refereeing was poor, but not the continuous flash of yellows that it could've been...and it was poor both ways.

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Must win tonight I believe if the Caps want to move on in this competition.

Not expecting too much out of the match to be honest and may skip watching at all.

rich

Aug 20, 2015
The Caps need a result tonight - win or draw. Win, they clinch top spot. Lose, Seattle moves on. Draw, and they will need a result away in Honduras next month.

I'll PVR it, and hope for better offers tonight... :)

Regs

Liverpool 24/7
Staff member
Jun 23, 2015
Sorry @rich - totally forgot to let you know to delete the PVR recording!

I last 15 minutes or so when I turned it on... at least got a chuckle out of it when the commentator mentioned the Sounders had a free kick opportunity when a Sounder was fouled just outside the box. The problem being it was just outside HIS box - opportunity?

Back