BC Soccer sanctioned USSL Summer Leage

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
The USSL United Summer Soccer Leage USSL 2015 was started in Surrey around 6 -7 yrs ago and has increased in participation numbers each year. The leage runs from April to July 30 for players from U5 to U12 . Teams of all levels participate from Surrey , Delta,Langley , Vancouver ,Burnaby & Abbotsford .

BC Soccer should sanction the USSL which would help take it to the next level.

Please share your views

Last edited by a moderator:

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
What have been the road blocks up to now in getting sanctioned?

Does anyone know how many teams and players in total are in the league?

rich

Aug 20, 2015
Only BC Soccer member clubs can play in a "sanctioned" league. The clubs involved would have to become BC Soccer members. There was a meeting in November with BC Soccer and the Surrey/Delta clubs addressing this, amongst other issues.

4_the_kids

Oct 20, 2015
What have been the road blocks up to now in getting sanctioned?

Does anyone know how many teams and players in total are in the league?

Some potential road blocks are , USSL is only up to U12 and a member of USFA - USFA is United Summer Football Association and is the governing association of the USSL ( United Summer Soccer league) and the ICSTC for U13 and up ( Indo Canadian Soccer tournament committee) so this association would need to sanctioned or dissolved or USSL would have to leave it, , different clubs for regular season play, clubs would need to follow BC Soccer guideline in governance which they don't, districts boundaries are not followed, so player play from all over, I am not not sure but if the import player rule still exists that would have to go ( think this is gone for USSL but might still exist in U13 and up) .
So there would be a lot of politics in making that happen.
One last issue is if sanctioned, then do those teams qualify for district cups etc ?

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
The biggest issue as I see it, as a coach who has coached in the USSL and USSA for the last 5 years is that the clubs want to do things their way. They want freedom to move players from one team to the next from one week to the next (mostly within club) to ensure their success.

IMHO becoming a bcsoccer accredited league would make it too restrictive for them.

Another would be the loss of identity as an Indo based temple league with all of the history that goes alond with it.

You also have the USSL feeding the USSA's tournament format after u12.

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
I think the import rule is only in effect for adult (open) (USSA) now. I could be wrong, but each year they have been removing the rule and age group at a time.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Will never happen - you have a lot of BCSPL players playing in the USSL teams sporadically through summer. Could never happen if it was sanctioned as you can only register to one team at a time.

Why sanction it? The league appears to be doing just fine. Plenty of teams!

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Only BC Soccer member clubs can play in a "sanctioned" league. The clubs involved would have to become BC Soccer members. There was a meeting in November with BC Soccer and the Surrey/Delta clubs addressing this, amongst other issues.

Just to clear up some confusion :
USSL - United Summer Soccer Leage is only for players from U5 - U12 only .
USSL has around 350 teams .
USSL teams would increase to 600 + if sanctioned.
USSL is open to all players [no restrictions on any players].
USSL is played in brilliant weather , April to July .
BCSPL starts at U13 so none of those players are involved .
A sanctioned USSL Leage would only be from U5 to U12

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
Just to clear up some confusion :
USSL teams would increase to 600 + if sanctioned.
BCSPL starts at U13 so none of those players are involved .

I've coached plenty of players who have played on teams called BC Tigers (for example) etc etc that are 14-15-16 years old...what league are those teams in if not USSL?

socceroo

Sep 21, 2015
We travelled to play in USSL and loved the program. Enjoyed tournaments for festivals and food.

I find this league is tiered for all ages from U7 and Up which makes the play competive and fun for lower (rec) players.

BC Soccer should make compromise with this group and bring under the sanctioned umbrella.

TKBC

Established Member
Aug 21, 2015
We travelled to play in USSL and loved the program. Enjoyed tournaments for festivals and food.

I find this league is tiered for all ages from U7 and Up which makes the play competive and fun for lower (rec) players.

BC Soccer should make compromise with this group and bring under the sanctioned umbrella.

they would have to apply - if they meet the conditions of sanctioning BCSA wouldn't have any grounds to deny them.

Admin

Administrator
Feb 23, 2015
Regarding the meeting, any info that came out of it?

rich

Aug 20, 2015

Not that I know of. They (BC Soccer) presented the proposal, and left it to the clubs /districts to discuss. As far as I know, nothing has happened since.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
I've coached plenty of players who have played on teams called BC Tigers (for example) etc etc that are 14-15-16 years old...what league are those teams in if not USSL?
That is the USFA who run the summer tournaments for teams from U13 - OPEN . Shouldn,t be confused with The USSL Leage.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Not that I know of. They (BC Soccer) presented the proposal, and left it to the clubs /districts to discuss. As far as I know, nothing has happened since.

Hopefully discussions can progress further between BC Soccer & the summer clubs re a sanctioned USSL Leage .

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
USSL teams would increase to 600 + if sanctioned by BC Soccer.
USSL fields become available from April 1 to Aug = no cancelled games /training sessions due to the weather.
USSL starts full field 11 a-side at U12 - this helps players adapt/learn for when they start playing full field at U13 in the winter season.
USSL finishes July 31 so those players going into U13 in Sept are better prepared for full field 11-a side.
BCSPL starts at U13 so none of those players are involved in USSL.
The months of play would bring it in line with the rest of Canada.

socceroo

Sep 21, 2015
USSL teams would increase to 600 + if sanctioned by BC Soccer.
USSL fields become available from April 1 to Aug = no cancelled games /training sessions due to the weather.
USSL starts full field 11 a-side at U12 - this helps players adapt/learn for when they start playing full field at U13 in the winter season.
USSL finishes July 31 so those players going into U13 in Sept are better prepared for full field 11-a side.
BCSPL starts at U13 so none of those players are involved in USSL.
The months of play would bring it in line with the rest of Canada.

Rumour has it there is another league in the making. Is that also summer clubs in it too.

LFC

Aug 23, 2015
Rumour has it there is another league in the making. Is that also summer clubs in it too.
Its the attraction of the great weather during the USSL season . Hopefully whoever is trying to make a new summer leage should just combine with USSL

easoccer

Established Member
Aug 27, 2015
Didnt ccb declare they were going to start a bc soccer sanction league when all the trouble about payments to the pacific eagles and suspension started?

Back